Friday 1 March 2013

This Month`s Good Cause ; Brake - The Road Safety Charity



Another change I`ve made to this blog is the addition of a `This Month`s Good Cause` feature at the top right-hand side of the blog as you look at it.

I`m making a start with Brake - The Road Safety Charity.

I`ve been interested in this organisation for quite a while - when it was formed in the mid-`80s (as Brake - The Campaign for Safer Lorries) the trade union I was a member of at that time was one of it`s main backers and for some reason the interest stayed with me.

Since then, Brake has grown in size and sophistication and now takes on a much broader role than originally envisaged, including support for victims of traffic accidents and their families.

Of course, there are many charities and other worthy causes competing for our attention these days, but give Brake`s site a look. If anyone feels moved to send a donation or become involved in some way, that would be great, but if I only manage to raise a few people`s awareness of the work they do, I`ll be happy with that.




No comments:

Post a Comment