Friday 1 March 2013

The Amiable Virtues of Amber Valley




Regular visitors to this blog may notice that I`ve made a few changes lately.

Among these are the inclusion of a set of links relating to Derbyshire`s  Amber Valley, the area in which I live, particularly Visit Amber Valley and Amber Valley Info.

Amber Valley is an area that combines attractive countryside, a fascinating history, particularly in the area of industrial heritage, and, let`s be honest, some areas badly in need of regeneration. 

Personally  I  feel that the countryside in this area is not nearly as widely known and appreciated as it could be, and, as you may have noticed, I do try to address this issue in my own small way from time to time.

I would like to take this opportunity to give an extra plug to Amber Valley Info, a project set up by local councillor Paul Curran-Bilbie to promote business, community and tourism in the area. I am very much in favour of this, and would encourage others to visit the site. If you like it, recommend it to others !

I`ve already provided a link, but just to re-iterate, the site can be found at www.ambervalley.info.



No comments:

Post a Comment