Saturday 1 June 2013

This Months Good Cause - NHS Blood and Transplant



`This Month`s Good Cause` is a feature  I`ve recently added to this blog.

The idea is, pretty obviously, that each month I select a good cause to promote , and which then appears  on the right-hand side of this blog near the top, until the next month starts and things move on.

The other aspect I`ve introduced is that overall I`d like to strike a balance between local, national and international causes.

Without more ado, let`s take a look at this months cause, which is NHS Blood Donors/NHS Blood and Transplant.




I can`t imagine this needs much explanation, so I`d just like to give my own experience of giving blood for the first time not so long ago.

I actually enrolled as a blood donor quite some time ago, but work and family commitments, plus a short period where I wasn`t in the best of health meant that I was unable to actually do anything about it for a while.



I did wonder how I`d be about giving blood, but when it came to it I didn`t find it stressful at all, and generally I felt pretty good about the whole thing. You do have to set aside some time to recover afterwards and also make sure that you`re well-fed and rested beforehand, but other than that, there`s nothing to it.

`It was easy, it was cheap, go and do it`, as someone once said.

I don`t want to waffle on indefinitely, so here`s a link to the blood donor web site - www.blood.co.uk


 
 
Well, that`s this month`s cause, now let`s have a look at it`s predecessors ;
 
 
May 2013 -   Anti Slavery (www.antislavery.org)
 
April 2013 - Derbyshire Blood Bikes (www.derbyshirebloodbikes.org)
 
March 2013 - Brake (www.brake.org.uk)
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment