Saturday 31 May 2014

Walter Tyrer 1900 - 1978







Many crime fiction buffs will no doubt share my fondness for the adventures of fictional sleuth Sexton Blake.

For what it`s worth, I never think of those stories as being `retro` and I don`t appreciate them with any sense of `post-modern irony` or wotnot. I leave that sort of thing to others.

Vintage crimestopper Blake was interpreted by many different writers over the years, one of my favourites being the late Walter Tyrer.

I`ve posted reviews of Walters` works here, there and everywhere but only recently have I been able to provide a potted biog.

To see the result of my efforts, look for `Walter Tyrer ; A Writers` Life, posted a couple of days ago at http://thesextonblakeblog.blogspot.com .




                                                       Walter Tyrer (1956 publicity shot). Thanks to Ray Elmitt for providing this.










No comments:

Post a Comment